Tuesday, January 12, 2010

MIKE FRANCESA THE PROGNOSTICATOR

I love sports talk radio, and I love New York sports, so it's only natural that I would love WFAN. I love driving to work listening to Boomer and Carton, and if I could watch a ball game with anyone it would probably be Joe Beningo. HOWEVER, in recent weeks it seems that Mr. Michael Francesa has taken it upon himself to draw Mets fans to his show by holding us hostage with potential Mets information. Normally, I don't mind Mike. I think his show has gone way downhill since Mad Dog left, but under normal circumstances I can tolerate him. But ever since the day he announced that he had some big Mets news and later went on to break the news that the Mets were going to sign Jason Bay, it seems like he thinks he's the main source of Mets information. You know what, maybe he is. Maybe Omar and the Wilpons are feeding Mike this information and he's allowed to disperse it at his own will in an effort to hype up the fan base for the upcoming season. But come on, there's GOT to be a better way of doing it besides having Psychic Mike telling us at the top of the hour that he's got big Mets news and then making us listen to him screaming about various topics until it looks like his head is about to pop like an zit on prom night. If you've got something to tell us about the Mets, just tell us. Heck, you can even throw in your opinion if you want. And if Mike does happen to read this blog, do us a favor and get Mad Dog back.

0 comments: